Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Imagine That Digi Stamps, July Challenge and 3 Other Cards

Hi everyone.  I have been pretty busy, making cards this past week. The first one is for our July Progressive Challenge.  I decided to do something different with my coloring.  Usually, I use Copic & Spectrum Noir markers.  This time I used colored pencils and Gamsol (it helps to move the color around and give the pencil marks a smoother look.  Unfortunately, With all of my pencils, I couldn't find a true red.  They are a little orangeish (I made up that word).  However, I like the way it turned out, anyway.


My next 2 cards were a special order.  She wanted butterflies with the sentiment inside to say:  If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.  Here are 2 of them...



I used designer card stock for the focal image and cut out a few butterflies and colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers.  I added some bling to each.  She just loved them all!

The last card for this post is one that I made for a friend who is going to be having surgery, due to her second bout with breast cancer.  The inside of the card says:  Don't be afraid of tomorrow, God is already there!  I plan on giving it to her tomorrow.  The image is from McMahon Five (BCA)


Don't forget, if you played along on our last challenge (June), you will be eligible for your free Meowy Mousmas digi stamp.  If you didn't play last month, the set can be downloaded from the store.  It also happens to be on sale, too!

Till next time...




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of cards.Your second is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barb, these are all really lovely!! :) Super coloring on that challenge card (Meowy Mousmas) Really love that color green. Hope you're doing well. I'm donating a bunch of my cards for the Relay for Life auction next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments and thank you Kris for donating your cards to Relay for Life. Sue, I like the butterfly card a lot, too!

    ReplyDelete