Saturday, September 8, 2012

Binker Birthday

                          Front                                                                            Inside

The first thing I did was color the image with Copic markers.  I added Glossy Accents to each individual balloon and his shoes, etc. for added dimension.  I sponged the background.  The front of the card was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  I used Nesties to cut the hole and make a tiny frame around it.  I used my Cricut to cut out happy birthday and added 4 dots of Viva Decor yellow pearl to the corners.  Then I glued the image inside so the balloons would show through the round frame.  The image is from Guylou's Inimitability.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

CWLC 7 Delicious Doodles

I colored the image with colored pencils and added red Stickles for the holly berries.  I also added 3 red rhinestones on the right top corner to balance out the image since the image just stopped on the left side and I had to cut it on the edge.  I used 2 different die cuts and added the red and black ribbon.  I mounted it on red card stock that was embossed with a Stampin'Up poinsettia folder.  I punched the holly corner and added a piece of green paper underneath the match the green die cut.  I also added more red Stickles to make the holly berries.  I rounded the corners and mounted it on white card stock. 

CWLC 6 Card Sketch

The inspiration for this card was a card sketch from CWLC.

I made this card using a new technique that I learned on Thursday in my stamping club.  I stamped the image with Stazon ink, onto light green tissue paper.  After the ink dried, I crumbled it up.  After I straightened the tissue, I brushed a plain piece of CS with Glossy Accents and added another layer of Glossy Accents to the top, lightly pressing down on the tissue paper.  I cut out the image with a Nestie and cut another piece, the same size and cut it in half to make a shadow effect.  I pop dotted it onto a background that I had made a while back, with plastic wrap and ink.  I glued the flowers onto the buttons and glued them on 3 corners.  I stamped the sentiment on the other corner.  I think this is one of the fastest cards I ever made!