Monday, May 26, 2014

I'm Back!....

Hi all.  I am sorry that I had to take a leave of absence for so long.  My son Corey finally was taken to be with God, on May 10th, after being in a coma for nearly 6 weeks.  I haven't been able to make cards for quite a while.  Well, I'm here to say that I am back to work and have 2 cards to share with you today.  The first one is a "Never Ending" card that I made for a special order.  I actually had to make 3 of them, but this is the last one.  They are all different, but I forgot to take any pics of the others.  I am showing all 4 parts, starting with the beginning.  Each time you turn the pages, it shows a new part of the card.  I cut the parts on my Silouhette Cameo (which made everything MUCH easier!  Putting it together was no picnic either.  You have to get each panel on correctly so that it doesn't come out upside-down...

Front of card.

First flip.  (Don't know what happened to the color.)

 Second flip.

 Last flip and then flip again and it will start once more from the front.

I made this next card for my daughter's birthday.  She loves dragonflies and since she is also going through tough times, I thought I would make her a card that would help to cheer her up.  (She also  loves purple.)
For this card, I used a black sticker over some glitter card stock.  I used my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities dies to make the frame and embossed it with this Oriental design.

I hope you enjoy my latest projects.  It is good to be back in the swing of things as it really does help me in the grieving process.  I will be posting my new card for the 
for June.  Be sure to check back then.  There is going to be a whole set,  given FREE, to each person that played in the challenge for the month of May!  You can find the May image in the link, above.  I must say that I love the new set and I am sure you will, too!

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. Barb, my heart goes out to you my friend. I didn't know the latest news and I'm so sorry. No words will be sufficient I'm sure. Praying God wraps you in His loving arms and brings you comfort and peace. No pressure to get back to "work" - but I do love your never-ending card and your beautiful dragonfly card too! So pretty :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete