Monday, July 1, 2013

The Cutting Cafe - Butterfly, Fluttering By

Can you believe it?  July is already here!  I am trying to get ahead of the DT game by making my projects in advance.  Then when I get really busy, I will already have the next project ready.  Sounds good, huh?  Problem with that...I already am busy!  I actually started on next week's project, but for now we will show this week's finished card.  This week's files from The Cutting Cafe is a butterfly theme.  We could do either a butterfly treat box or a butterfly folded card.  That is what I decided to do.  I cut out the pieces and used a plain card stock for the card base and a matching designer paper for the topper.  I added some glitzy stickers on the body and the antennae, put 2 black rhinestones on the head (for the eyes) and made white dots around the head and antennae and eyes.  I added 4 white flowers in the corners and put stickers in the center of them, also.  I used a Viva Decor pearl pen to put dots on the outline of the shape and used a glitter pen on the swirls on the designer paper.  To finish it off, I tied pieces of purple and black ribbon and glued them to the body. 

 butterfly shaped card

Close-up of card (you can see the details here)

Be sure to check out all of the other designers, here.  They have some wonderful projects to show you.    If you leave a message for each designer, you could win sets from the The Cutting Cafe shop.

Don't forget to leave your comments for the designers (including me)!

Have a great week!

Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. Your card is totally sweet. I love all the embellishments but can I just say that face is the tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful beautiful card....love those colors...hugs

    ReplyDelete