Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pretty Tulips & Happy Father's Day (Two for One)

Hi all.  Today, I am posting my latest cards for the Imagine That Digi Stamps design team.  Keeping with the Summer theme, I decided that the Watering Can Tulips would be just the thing.  I painted the image with Inktense and Prismacolor watercolor pencils and some Gelatos on watercolor paper.  Most everything else was card stock that was embossed or punched.  



My next card is for Father's day.  Although I don't have anyone to send this card to, I decided to make it for another occasion.  For some reason, I couldn't get the colors to be accurate.  You will see a bit of a color difference between the outside and the inside of the card.  Actually, the true color is more of a pumpkin shade and it really looks better in person.  This image is called  Humphrey's Row Boat. I have done a bunch of Humphrey over the last couple of years so I really wanted to do this one in watercolor.  

Outside of card                                                                                   

 Inside of card


Have a great weekend!

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Barb!! I miss your awesome creations. I hope you're feeling well today and enjoying some sunshine *Ü* The window card is so cute, and I love your coloring on both images. I just posted these on our inspiration blog just now. Since you mentioned the colors were off, I clicked "auto fix" in Picasa and it made the orange into red. Is that how it should be? You can see on the other blog - hope it's "fixed" it correctly. But it looks great either way :) Have a good one my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris. I have been really into watercoloring lately! I have good days and bad, but I try to keep going. Still have so many things to make in my life! ;-)

    ReplyDelete