Sunday, August 5, 2012

I have been chosen to be on a design team!  Yea.  I am only committed for a month, but at least I have my foot in the door.  It seems that you have to be on a design team to get on a design team!  The name of the company is Created With Love Challenges.  I have a link on the right hand side.  It is a new company, just getting started so it is nice to be there from the beginning.  I have already posted 2 pics on the site.  I will post both of them here, today.  I have been a busy bee this week and have created a lot of cards.  Here they are...




I purchased this old lady stamp from a garage stamp sale.  I couldn't wait to use it.  I colored the lady with Copic markers and cut her out.  I did the saying on the computer because someone who got to the sale before me, already purchased the saying stamps that go with it.  I had some lace and glued it onto the card (no easy task I might add).  I added a slim ribbon on the top so it would look more finished.  The lady appears to be hiding around the curtains.  (Notice her hand holding the curtains).  The inside says "Sag, you're it!"  I sent it to my older sister for her birthday.  Leslie, if you see this before you get the card, I hope you like it!




This is one of the cards I made for my first design team challenge.  The theme is Christmas.  We were suppose to use a digital stamp from a company called Digi Darla.  I colored it with Copics, added glitter gel pen in certain places and added some texture on the snowman.  I also used Glossy Accents on the ornaments and candles.  Then, I tore some mulberry paper and embossed it on my Cuttlebug.  I mounted it on designer paper.




This is another digital stamp that I used, but I am not sure where it was from.  Anyway, I really loved the image and had fun doing all of the coloring (with Copics of course).  I double mounted it and punched the bottom of the card with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added the same blue cs that I used for the mounting.  I also added Glossy Accents to the candle and the fish bowl and the eyes of the cat.  Of course, it looks much better in person, and the cats really look like they are jumping out of the picture!




This card was so simple to make.  I made it for my club's card sketch that I designed.  The bird image is from a tag set that I also got from the same craft sale.  I cut the image and the scalloped frame with my Spellbinders.  There was a notch on the top of the bird (from where the string went for the tag) so I decided to put a button over the notch.  I think I found the perfect button to use.  

Speaking of buttons, a friend from church collects old buttons.  He actually goes to conventions.  He gave me this large tub full of buttons that he didn't want and said to take what I would like and give some to my stamping friends.  We emptied half of the tub!  What fun we had.  He said I should go to a convention with him to see what they do.  I would love that!




This is the other Christmas stamp from Digi Darla that I posted on Created With Love.  The card is a gate fold (it opens in the middle).  I have some beautiful designer cs that I cut out to go on the panels.  I colored the image with Copics and glued one half of it and adhered it to one of the panels so that it is centered.

Hope you enjoy my work.  Remember to leave a comment below so I can find out what you think.
Till Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment