Friday, August 17, 2012

Design Team Inspirations




             The CWLC DT challenge this week was to use any image from Delicious  Doodles and make into a card that has 3 elements that are the same.  Here is what I did...First, I decided to really challenge myself and choose an image that I would not have normally chosen.  I printed the image twice.  Then, I colored the entire image with Copics.  Then I colored the three butterflies on the second image and cut them out.  (Not an easy task!)  I pop dotted the three butterflies on top of the full image.  I used a lot of glitter gel pen, but unfortunately, it doesn't show up in the picture.  The designer card stock that I matted with was also glittered.  I decided to use a dark orange card base to match the butterflies.  I used embossing ink with a small butterfly stamp and just gave the background a little more interest.  All in all, I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  I have learned that there should be no limits to my designs!

Out side of card.

Inside of card


This next card that I made is for an entry into another design team called
Delicious Doodles.  They are the same company from which I chose the image before this card.  We were to use that particular image.  I colored with Copics and used white Stickles for the whipped cream.  I added some small rhinestones to look like sprinkles.  I also added some glitter gel pen highlights and some white pen highlights to the strawberry.  If you click on the image, you can see more of the detail.  I took a piece of teal CS and added some printed tape into three rows.  I then cut it out with Nestabilities.  I added the white stitching to give it some more dimension.  I added the sentiment and distressed with Ranger distress ink and then added the cup cake with pop dots.  The base card was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  The inside was stamped and also distressed and the background had stitches added to match the front.  Don't you just love the inside saying?

4 comments:

  1. Great cards, I love how you have added the sprinkles to the cupcake and the shaped backing inside as well as out. Looks fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A yummy looking cupcake on a super card. Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles' DT call and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Barb. Great cards, love your colouring, just brilliant.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I love to get comments!

    ReplyDelete