Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Impossible Hearts Zentangle

Hi all.  Today's Design Team card is a completely different kind of card than I usually do.  This card is from Imagine That Digi Stamps.  The file is called Impossible Hearts which can be found at the link.  I printed the Impossible Hearts image and tangled the hearts.  I cut it out and punched the corners, layered it on black card stock and then to the white card base.  I love this image, not only because I was able to do my Zentangle on it, but when you look at the image, you can't figure out where one heart stops and the other heart begins.  It is sooo cool!



This is a fun image to use.  There are so many ways to color it and make it a special card for an anniversary, a wedding or a Valentine card.  There are digi papers included in the set, too.

My next card is one that I used die cuts and punches.  I made this for my advanced stamping club.  


This card is a watercolor piece that I painted and made into a card.  It is called Storm.  I painted the image and used Crystal Effects to make the water and birds have a little dimension and shine.  I glued the painted piece onto some sand colored card stock,  punched a hole in the top right corner and added an eyelet.  I then threaded the cotton string, wrapped it around the card stock and painted image and then glued it onto a blue card base.  I also made an envelope with designer paper that has  a nautical theme.


The last card for today is another Zentangle card.  Actually it is a "triangle Zentangle" card.  It is a fun card to make and I even made an envelope to go with it, that is also a triangle.  I tangled on the white triangle piece and glued it onto the triangle card base.


That's all for now.

Till next time...




6 comments:

  1. WOW Barb, these are all fantastic cards.... of course I especially love that zentangled hearts one. You are AMAZING at that technique you know that? I sat down and tried and just am not creative that way I guess. Maybe there are some classes that teach how to doodle? lol because my doodling just doesn't compare. These hearts were perfect for it though. Super job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, there are actually Certified Zentangle Teachers® all around the world. Anyone can do it, it is just learning the method. Seriously, if you are interested, contact www.zentangle.com and they have a list of all of the CZTs. I hope you will try it! XOXO

      Delete
    2. ok, so I see that you are a Certified teacher, do you teach online, or just "in-person" classes? I assume it'd be way more fun as an in-person class, but I'd be willing to watch some videos or view some patterns and try some more. I think it's so cool! :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Kris. I don't teach online, just "in-person". However, you can find lots of information and web sites to help you learn. first thing to do is go to www.zentangle.com. That is the home of Zentangle®. They list several web sites there, but the best one to check out is www.tanglepatters.com. Linda Farmer lists new and old tangles with step-outs that show you how to draw, step by step. Also, on YouTube, there is a CZT named Tiffany Lovering who teaches how to draw many tangles while you watch her do it. Great resources. Of course, the best bet is to try to find a CZT near you. The resources for that are at the Zentangle web site (above). Let me know how it goes! 😃

      Delete
  2. Barb, you have been so busy! I love your "entangled" hearts (pun intended) - great job embellishing the digi stamps! Love your D. Morgan stamp - I still have some of hers, too, and long to use them soon. They are so timeless and peaceful. Yours is especially lovely. thanks for sharing all that you've been doing! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks De. I always appreciate your comments on both of my blogs. I have just posted several new Zentangle and Zentangle Inspired Art on my Zentangle blog.

      Delete