Sunday, June 15, 2014

Some new cards...

Hi all.  I am back with a few new cards.  I have been a busy bee, trying to coordinate the memorial services for my son Corey, Dr. appointments, Zentangle classes and making new cards.  The following, are a few of the ones that I have made, recently.

First up is a card for the Imagine That Design Team.  I used the files from Hedgie Friends.  It is on page 2 of Animals.  I used Copic markers to color the image and used a Nestabilities die, a Cuttlebug folder and a Martha Stewart punch. 



My next card was made for a lady at our church that did something nice for my husband and he wanted a religious card to give to her.   I used the stamp that I have, for the image.  I just layered designer paper and added a ribbon.


The last card was really fun to do.  At our Wednesday choir rehearsal, a woman was telling a story about her best friend's husband who just had heart surgery, where they used a pig's valve.  She said that she was looking for a pig card, all day.  I said that I could make her one.  She told me what she wanted it to say.  I did a lot of searching for the "right" pig image as well as a grill image.  I finally found them and grouped the images with my typed sentiment and printed them out.  I used Copic markers to color the images.  The ribs were hand drawn and colored and I glue dotted them to the grill.  Meanwhile, I really wanted to use a red gingham tablecloth design for the background.  I searched and searched until I found what I was looking for and printed it out.  I even cut a heart out of the same paper to put on the envelope.  I gave her the card, today and she just loved it!


Be sure to like Imagine That Digi Stamps on Facebook.  Kris will offer free digi stamps on the site from time to time.  There is an adorable one, right now!  Also, it is not too late to enter the Progressive Challenge at Imagine That Digi Stamps.

I guess that's all for today.

Till next time...


3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie I am so very sorry for your loss. I truly believe there is no greater pain than that we go through when we loose a child, no matter how old they are. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself. That is the most important thing right now.
    Sending you hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now for your cards. I LOVE them.
    What a great piggy BBQ card. lol. I bet he'll love it.
    Your purple flower one is perfect. She will appreciate it.
    Love your sweet hedgie card.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete