Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree...

This week's project for The Cutting Cafe was to make any of the Christmas tree files, including a box, a book, a goodie bag holder, sentiment stamps and a 3-D Christmas tree.  I decided to make the 3-D Christmas tree with some Christmas designer card stock .  It was easy to cut out with my Silhouette and easy to put together.  The hardest part was finding elements to decorate the tree!  That was also the most fun part.  I used Stickles, rhinestones, mini snowflakes, and mini candy canes and to top it off, I used a large, gold star brad that I cut the legs off.  My sister, who was visiting liked it so much that I gave it to her to take to her home!


Just some little tips... tape the tree pieces together from the back so you can't see the tape.  It helped to glue the points on the top, together and then glue the brad on the top of the points.  Also, be sure to decorate it before you put it together.  It is much easier that way.  Trust me, I know...   ;-)

Be sure to check out the other designer's projects here.  You will surely be impressed!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. barbara i am in love with your tree, totally cute and thanks for posting the tip..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas Tree!! You have decorated it so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply so darling:) I love each of the details:) esp the candy canes:) How creative and fun:) Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree! You've got one lucky sister !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great to read, thanks

    ReplyDelete