Thursday, August 1, 2013

Imagine That Sweet-Tea

Hi all.  This is my first card for the Imagine That Design Team.  I have been playing along with their
progressive challenge for several months and was invited to join the design team, starting this month.  My first official DT card is called Sweet Tea.  I printed the image 2 times, once on wihte card stock and again on designer paper and the saying, just on the white.  I colored the birds with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers.  Then, I fussy cut the tea cup and glued it over the blank white teacup.  This is called paper piecing.  I have never done this with a digi stamp before, but why not?  It was done just the same way as if done with any other stamp!  I used a Spellbinders dies for the image and sentiment.  I sponged around both of them while they were still in the dies, in order to give the white frame look.  I put a ribbon through the sentiment die cut and mounted both of them on a background that I had made a while back and then on a teal card base that matched the color in the teacup.  I am pleased with the way it turned out.  I hope you like it too.

Love Birds

Don't forget to leave a comment and check out all of the other design team designs.
And remember that you can also enter the challenge.  If you do an entry into the challenge, the next month, you will get a FREE digi.  You can keep doing it every time and you will continue to get the wonderful, free digi stamps!  Can't beat that.

Have a blessed week!
Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Barb, Your card is so pretty. I love the paper you used for the cup. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb - cute colors and love the paper pieced teacup & saucer *Ü* Again, welcome to the team, I'm happy to have you on board!!

    ReplyDelete